Is a question we get pretty often these days. I never know quite how to answer.
This is an attempt.
A few weeks ago, I burned my tongue really really badly on a cup of tea. I don't know what I was thinking. I took a sip almost immediately after I poured the water. As I was explaining this tragedy to Derek, I showed him my swollen taste buds in order to prove the extent of the damage and justify my whining. He said that it looked pretty bad but that he didn't know what my taste buds usually look like. He asked me to remind him to take a look after they healed in order to get a good baseline. And then he kissed me on the taste buds.
I think that maybe being married is knowing what each others taste buds look like. For better or worse.
(This is a picture of my first married Valentine's day gift. It is for holding my wedding ring when I cook and do dishes. I just love it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment