Sunday, February 13, 2011

And They Call the Thing a Rodeo

They say that people tend to gain weight after they get married. Derek and I went to the San Antonio Rodeo this weekend and learned exactly how. 




Clockwise from left that is
1. Fried oreos
2. Unsweet tea (because we are watching our figures)
3. Jumbo corn dog with french fries
4. Fried snickers
5. Jumbo corn dog

Got all that? We ate it all. NOM NOM NOM.



After we ate the whole world it was time to pet some animals. So we headed off to the petting zoo. Or as Derek should call it "the vicarious petting zoo."

You see, my husband does not like to have germs on his hands. He is a fastidious about his hand cleanliness and petting zoos are pretty germy places. So it went like this:


D: Look, donkeys!
K: Cool!
D: Touch one.
K: Okay.
D: What does it feel like?
K: It feels like a furry ottoman.
D: Cool!


And then on to the next animal where we would repeat the process. All the while, Derek keeps his hands in his pockets. He still washed them when the whole thing was over.


The rodeo was pretty great. Mutton busting gets me every time. 

The night concluded with a Clay Walker concert and he put on quite a show. I was pleased that he chose to play a song that Derek once put on a mixed cd for me in the 9th grade, Hypnotize the Moon. It's kind of a cheesy song, but I liked it. I still like it because it makes me feel sentimental. 


The whole rodeo experience left me pondering if Derek and I could quit our jobs and become a husband and wife calf roping team.

Dibs on heeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment