Friday, February 4, 2011

Best Intentions

I'm better with ideas than with execution. My intentions are good. My follow through could be better.

When Derek and I got married I had every intention of creating a blog to document our newlywed life and stay in touch with friends and family. Yet somehow we have been married for over four months and I've yet to post a single thing. What went wrong? I have some theories.

Why I Haven't Blogged
  1. Too many other things to do. Here is a quick rundown of the last four months. I got married, moved to a new city, and started my first job. I went on a honeymoon, celebrated one thanksgiving, two christmases, a new years. I decorated things, cooked things and ate a lot things. I fell in deeper love with Big Lots, tacos, and my new husband.
  2. Fear. Fear of having a lame blog. Fear of technology taking over the world. Fear of not following through on something.
  3. Occasional lack of internet. One time Derek and I didn't have any internet at our apartment. Or electricity. Or water. For like two weeks.
Why I Want to Blog
  1. I have an awful memory. Truly awful. It makes me a great wife because I can't stay angry for very long due to forgetting what I was mad about. It also makes Derek a very patient husband because I tell the same stories all. the. time. Or so I am told. I'm hoping that a blog will help me remember my life better. Because it is a really good life.
  2. I enjoy other people's blogs. I like to read my family and friends' blogs.  And the occasional stranger. 
  3. Derek is the funniest person in the world. I have laughed harder in the past four months than I have in my whole life. I hope to share some of that and make the world a better place.
Today is a snow day in our city where it never snows. Seemed like a good day to stay inside and start a blog.



2 comments:

  1. This is funny. I love it! I also LOVED seeing you last weekend! What a treat! Love you Kass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding this to the Google Reader :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete