Last night, Derek and I finished the entire series of Friday Night Lights. It's one of the greatest television shows of all time and watching it together over bowls of ice cream has meant a lot of cheap date nights. Here are our lists of "top fives" of the series.
Major Characters
(I know this image is ridiculous, but so is my love for Tami.)
1. Tami.
Some days all I want to be is half the woman Tami Taylor is.
2. Riggins.
At first, I thought he was probably a vampire. But bit by bit he won me over. I feel in love when there was a tornado at the grocery store.
3. Matt.
He is a gem.
4. Tyra.
Because she surprises me and I love a woman with a strong jaw.
5. Smash.
This show loves redemption and so do I.
Minor Characters
1. Lorraine.
I love any scene with Grandma. Her road trip with the Collettes and Landry. When she accosts Coach in the grocery store about starting JD. When she says she will wash her wedding dress in the sink. I just want to hug her.
2. Landry.
Murder, shmurder. He is a good one.
3. Mindy.
Stripper with a heart of gold and I love it.
4. Billy.
Because he evolves so beautifully in Seasons 4 and 5.
5. Buddy.
Fact: Buddy is Derek’s overall favorite character.
Cutest Couples
1. Matt and Landry.
Give those boys a spin off!
2. Tami and Coach.
Duh.
3. Tim and Lyla.
I think he will love her 'til the day he dies.
4. Luke and Becky.
They break my heart.
5. Jess and Vince.
So many dimples.
Mysteries
1. Why does Vince’s mom talk like she is from Connecticut?
Her accent sticks out like a sore thumb and was one of the biggest distractions of Seasons 4 and 5.
2. Why does no one use a cell phone in Dillon?
Everyone think it’s completely normal to drive to someone’s house and knock on the door to discuss something a text message totally could have handled.
3. Where do so many characters disappear to?
Santiago, The McCoys, Waverley, and Skeeter were all sucked into the same black hole.
4. Why doesn’t Tami have any friends?
I’d totally hang out with her.
5. Where is Dillon?
Based on the true story, it is West Texas. Based on its ethnic make-up, it is East Texas. Based on landscape, it is Central Texas. Sometimes Dallas is a whole road trip away but sometimes the Taylors can drive there and pick up Tyra.
Tear Jearkers
1. Street’s accident
Especially the montage of Coach’s speech about how “we all fall” over shots of the Streets in the hospital.
2. Matt and Grandma.
Especially when Matt gets drunk after she falls and talks about how everyone leaves him.
3. The death of Matt’s father
And his grief-stricken meltdown about the carrots touching the meat.
4. Tyra's college aspirations
The speech Tyra’s mom gives about seeing her daughters differently, Tyra’s essay, and acceptance to UT.
5. Anything that happens when the song “Devil Town” is playing.
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can’t Lose.





No comments:
Post a Comment