Friday, January 20, 2012

Jobs Report

About a week ago, Derek was laid off from his job. It was a bad day.

I'm writing about it because this blog is a way for me to update our friends and family on what is going on in our life. Our life is 99.9% happiness and so I tend to focus on those things, but the truth is that sometimes we have bad days too. And when we have those days it is nice to know that we have people who care about us and will pray for us. This is for those people.

We are doing well. We plan on being married for a very long time and in the course of all those years things like this are going to happen. We expect it. We signed up for it.

We promised each other, "I will endure with you through any trial or sorrow." There are some things that will happen to us that will be truly sad. We will lose loved ones. We might get sick. That is the sorrrow part. I believe that this is not one of those truly sad things. It's just something that happens. An everyday trial that we will get through together.

Nothing is certain right now, but we are both excited about the opportunities ahead. Derek's personality is made for situations like this and I think he is off to a great start on the next chapter. I am genuinely hopeful about the good things to come.

In the mean time, we are enjoying our life. I still love my job and things are going well there. We have always tried to live simply and are embracing the challenge of simplyfing it a bit more. We are cooking good food, taking long walks and watching a ton of Friday Night Lights.

Maddie hasn't had this much fun since I was job searching. Since my job hours are flexible, I usually come home for lunch and do my paperwork at home as well. That means the three of us are getting to spend a lot more time together. 


That is just one of the things we are grateful for lately. We are also grateful for the people in our lives. The people who read over resumes. The people bring us tulips and wine. The people who cheer us up on the phone. The people who got us 20 bottles of nail polish for christmas so that our nails look awesome even though we are on a budget.

And the people who pray for us. So thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment