Friday, April 15, 2011

So Much To Learn

Just when I start feeling self congratulatory about being good at this whole marriage thing, I realize I actually have so much to learn. Derek and I have known each other since the 5th grade but this week, we both discovered somethings that made us stop and wonder who in the world we were living with.

On Wednesday, I walked into the living room and asked Derek...
What are you watching?

River Monsters.

Oh. I think that we've already seen this episode.

Nope. It's a new one.

No, baby, we have. This is the one about the giant fish that is eating people.
(long pause)
That is what every episode is about.
Really?
Really. Every episode of River Monsters is about giant fish that eat people. And Derek likes it. And our DVR is set to record every one.

To be fair, on Thursday Derek walked into the living room and asked me... 
What are you watching?
Teen Mom 2: The Unseen Moments.
I thought we watched the finale last week. Isn't the season over?
Yeah, but these are all the clips that didn't make the show.
So, you are watching clips that were deemed not good enough for an already terrible show?
(long pause)
Pretty much.
And I liked it. And I am not ashamed.

We love each other anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment