Friday, August 12, 2011





Derek and I have both been described as old souls and we wouldn't argue with that. Especially after this past week.
It all started on Sunday when we went to Luby's for lunch after church. We grumbled about the long line. And the noise. But ultimately really enjoyed our Luanns.
Later we went to Golf Galaxy where Derek met his new BFF, Red, a club salesman. I think I've said this before, but people over the age of 70 love my husband. They have a lot in common generally, and Red also shares Derek's interest in golf. They talked for the longest 30 minutes of my life.
Then yesterday, I threw my back out for the first time ever. I literally could not get out of bed in the morning. Derek had to pull me up and help me hobble down the hall to the bathroom. I'm so glad that I live near my sweet mom who was able to come over and take me to the doctor or else it would’ve been a long, rough day.
Derek took over her shift after work and did a great job. Since I was completely couch bound, Derek cooked dinner all by himself. We had leftover pasta, leftover mashed potatoes, and leftover fried okra. It was an eclectic combination, but was completely delicious. Then he brought me some rocky road ice cream and let me watch Project Runway.
I’ve known for a while now that Derek was the one I wanted to grow old with but before this week, I’d never really been able to picture what that would look like. Now, I have glimpsed the future.
It’s going to be great.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and I loved reading this post. Isn't it wonderful how God blesses our lives with the perfect mate for us!

    ReplyDelete